Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not your typical lasagna. The lack of ricotta makes this more diet friendly for us, and the feta really fits well with the flavors of the dish. We use brown rice pasta to suit our dietary needs, but wheat pasta would also work. If you don't have oven ready noodles, make sure to cook them prior to assembling the lasagna. Found on Chatelaine's website. Pairs nicely with a green salad.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups coriander, coarsely chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles, oven ready
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook beef over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add next 6 ingredients (cumin through salt) and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add tomato sauce and stir until hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of coriander.
- Spread a small amount of sauce over the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Top with 3 noodles.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of feta.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Top with lemon zest and remaining coriander.