Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very simple but it tastes fantastic. It's a healthy and casual meal for when you just want to throw something together. I buy chops when on sale and take the meat off but lamb steaks etc can be used.
- 500 g lean lamb, cut from 6-8 chump chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon moroccan seasoning (I use Masterfoods)
- 100 g pre-packed bag mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup rocket
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for dressing)
- 8 pieces flat bread (such as lavish bread)
- Sprinkle the lamb with Moroccan seasoning and fry on medium in olive oil for 6-10 minutes.(until just cooked).
- Combine salad leaves, rocket, mint, tomato, onion, cucumber and capsicum and dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Put generous amounts of lamb and salad into the lavish bread and wrap. Serve immediately.
Made this recipe for my daughters (Little Miss) 4th birthday luncheon. I left out the rocket as I couldn't find fresh ones at the supermarket but all of the remaining ingredients were left the same. I served the salad in a large bowl and the lamb in another bowl and the guests wrapped their own wraps. Worked really well as everyone ate them fresh without the liquids soaking into the flat bread. I didn't get to taste the lamb as I don't eat red meat but everyone seemed to enjoy it however I ate the salad mix and liked it. Thank you Calms79 for a healthy recipe.