Recipe by Annacia
Easy, tasty and a bit on the showy side if you want to impress your Mother-in-law. The serving size given is a party size. You'll want to put 5-6 cubes on a skewer for meal sized ones
Top Review by Food Goddess
Over the top! These were so good all DH could say was "Keep this recipe - throw out all the others." I followed the rub recipe exactly and let them sit in the fridge overnight. The flavors were over the top delicious. I did change up the yogurt as I only had cilantro and it was perfect but I will make a point of having mint in the house next time I make this. I did not grill but used the Char-Broil infrared cooker. What a perfect meal. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt (2 percent or whole is best)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak 1 package wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Combine all spices and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place lamb cubes in a shallow baking dish or large bowl.
- Rub spice mixture into lamb with hands. Thread lamb cubes onto skewers, about 3 per skewer.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Grill kabobs for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce for dipping.
- Stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chopped fresh herbs and gently stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yield: about 1 1/4 cups.