1/2 Photos of Moroccan Cigars
This is a recipe from a friend of mine-web name is FootsieBear. I would add red pepper flakes and replace parsley with cilantro-serve with Harissa Dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 F.
- 2To make filling: cook onion in the olive oil until soft.
- 3Add beef or lamb, crushing it with a fork.
- 4Add seasonings and spices.
- 5Cook 10-15 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until meat is well cooked and lump free.
- 6Add parsley.
- 7Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and pour over the meat.
- 8Cook for 1-2 min, stirring, until egg mixture sets to creamy consistency.
- 9Add more spices and seasonings, if desired and allow to cool.
- 10(I would add red pepper flakes) Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into three equal-sized rectangles.
- 11Place one on top of the other and cover with a damp towel.
- 12Brush one of the rectangles lightly with melted butter.
- 13Place a teaspoon of filling along one of the short edges.
- 14Tuck the edge and ends of pastry around filling, and roll into a cigar shape.
- 15Repeat with other rectangles.
- 16Fry in hot oil to brown on all sides, drain and place in warm oven.
- 17Repeat and serve with Harissa Dip.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Cigars
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.6
- Calories from Fat 687
- Total Fat 76.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 425.4 mg
- Sodium 956.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 38.2 g