Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious for those who love Moroccan flavorings, really low fat and really quick to prepare. From an October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Fresh Living'. The preparation time below does not include the 15 minutes marinating time.
- 4 large chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons moroccan mixed spice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 120 g baby parisienne mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 round pita breads
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish, combine the Moroccan spice mix, lemon zest and salt and pepper and rub it into the chicken thighs; cover and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, tahini, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Arrange the mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, tahini sauce and sliced chicken in the centre of each flatbread. Wrap and serve warm.
Now, I must say that these pita wraps left us hoping for a lot more flavor. For the spice mix I used the ras-el-hanout recipe by chia, used by previous viewer as well, and that was good. It just wasn't enough to spice this whole wrap up, maybe it should have been doubled? The tahini sauce was fine, but everything put together was all too bland. Sorry.
Very good and easy! I used plain leaf lettuce for the greens and used a spice mix I got at a local middle eastern bakery. Thanks for sharing!
I halved the recipe and I couldn't get the Greek yogurt so I finally substituted 2 parts plain yogurt and 1 part sour cream. For the Moroccan spice mix, I used chia's ras-el-hanout Ras-El-Hanout, which I keep on hand. My grocery doesn't carry Parisienne greens, so I used baby spring greens, which hopefully were not too much different. This was intensely flavorful and delicious and I'll be keeping it in mind for lunches in the future.