Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Delicious for those who love Moroccan flavorings, really low fat and really quick to prepare. From an October 2005 issue of the Australian magazine 'Fresh Living'. The preparation time below does not include the 15 minutes marinating time.
Top Review by rosslare
Now, I must say that these pita wraps left us hoping for a lot more flavor. For the spice mix I used the ras-el-hanout recipe by chia, used by previous viewer as well, and that was good. It just wasn't enough to spice this whole wrap up, maybe it should have been doubled? The tahini sauce was fine, but everything put together was all too bland. Sorry.
- 4 large chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons moroccan mixed spice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 120 g baby parisienne mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 round pita breads
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish, combine the Moroccan spice mix, lemon zest and salt and pepper and rub it into the chicken thighs; cover and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, tahini, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Arrange the mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, tahini sauce and sliced chicken in the centre of each flatbread. Wrap and serve warm.