chef ashish damle's Note:
This is one of my own combinations using basic middle eastern spices and cooking techniques. The way I like to present it is in preplated fashion with sauce around the plate ...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR CHICKEN MARINATION
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone
- 200 g yellow onions
- 15 g chopped ginger
- 15 g chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cracked cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 200 g yukon gold potatoes
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 15 g ginger (finely chopped)
- 50 g leeks (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 50 ml buttermilk
- 1Finely chop yellow onion in a food processor with ginger and garlic; add all the dry spices and the chopped parsley with salt to the food processor.
- 2Score the chicken breasts with a sharp knife and apply marinade generously (this can be done the night ahead and allowed to sit in the fridge--it makes the chicken to absorb all the flavours and will make it more juicy when cooked).
- 4In a hot pan or a skillet roast every breast of chicken skin side down to get a golden color and then allow to cook in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- 6On the side prepare a sauce using the same pan add chopped shallots and deglaze the pan using white wine or lemon juice or just the chicken broth.
- 7Add the saffron allow to simmer for about 15 minutes and thicken with cornstarch check for seasoning.
- 8Finish with a 1 tablespoon of frozen butter (keep warm).
- 9SMASHED POTATOES:-.
- 10Boil potatoes in a large stock pot with sufficient liquid to cover the cover it completely till completely cooked.
- 11In a pan heat butter and add ginger, garlic and leeks and sauté till translucent.
- 12Add the buttermilk and allow to come up to temperature (do not boil as buttermilk will split).
- 13When potatoes are completely cooked, drain and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 14Add the buttermilk mixture an spinach leaves and mash with a potato masher.
- 15Season with salt.
- 17Scoop a portion of potatoes with a ice-cream mould or cookie cutter in the center of the plate.
- 18Place chicken breast on top.
- 19Drizzle sauce over the chicken breast and all over the plate.
- 20Could garnish with a fresh sprig of parsley or cilantro.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken With Potatoes and Spinach With Saffron Jus
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 367.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of