Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this last week at CPK and just had to figure out how to make it. I think this is pretty close! It's delicious nevertheless.
- 1⁄2 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can beets, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dates or 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup girard's champagne dressing
- 1⁄4 cup roasted almonds
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- To make the spiced chicken: combine coriander and cinnamon with olive oil to make a paste. Spread on chicken breasts with a bbq brush or fingers; cook chicken in pan or grill (I used my Foreman grill and it worked well) until fully cooked. Let chicken cool and slice.
- While chicken is cooking, roast diced squash in a 400 degree oven for about ten minutes (I used my toaster oven).
- Toss all other ingredients together with the champagne dressing to taste. Top with sliced chicken & almonds.
Will use this recipe often, just loved all the flavors blending together. Used sweet potato instead of squash and used both dates and apricots. Love it.
Colorful and flavorful - the chicken is so good! I made a double recipe for a potluck and it was all gone. That says it all!
This tasted exactly like the CPK version!! A lot of chopping, but totally worth it. I used the light version of the dressing. Without the dressing, it also holds up well for a couple of days in the fridge, so it was nice to bring to work for lunches.