Recipe by Sascha
This is a wonderfully seasoned chicken dish that doesn't feature lemon, like many Moroccan chicken dishes. This can be doubled easily
Top Review by loof
Great chicken recipe! So easy to make, spicy and flavorful. I halved the recipe with good results and left out the oil (just sauteed the veggies and chicken in cooking spray). Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized bits
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 1 dash cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 pint chicken stock
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the oil to a large saucepan or deep-sided frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until brown. Set aside.
- Fry off the chicken until coloured, return the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Add saffron, cumin seeds, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper, and stir well to coat everything.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a strong simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until you have a nice consistency to the sauce. Serve with rice.