Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderfully seasoned chicken dish that doesn't feature lemon, like many Moroccan chicken dishes. This can be doubled easily
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized bits
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 1 dash cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 pint chicken stock
- black pepper
- Add the oil to a large saucepan or deep-sided frying pan and fry the onions and garlic until brown. Set aside.
- Fry off the chicken until coloured, return the onions and garlic to the pan.
- Add saffron, cumin seeds, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper, and stir well to coat everything.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a strong simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until you have a nice consistency to the sauce. Serve with rice.
Great chicken recipe! So easy to make, spicy and flavorful. I halved the recipe with good results and left out the oil (just sauteed the veggies and chicken in cooking spray). Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!