Modified from King Arthur Flour to match our tastes and reduce sugar. They're plenty sweet and a great breakfast muffin! Turned out so well I wanted to record what I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, just melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- 2Put the raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water, set aside to soak while you assemble the rest of the recipe.
- 3Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- 4Stir in the carrots, applesauce, coconut, and sunflower seeds.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, and stir until evenly moistened.
- 6Drain the raisins and stir them inches.
- 7Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin. The muffin cups will be almost full to the top.
- 8Bake until nicely domed and inserted cake tester comes out clean, 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Place muffins on rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morning Glory Whole Wheat Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g