Recipe by chef heather in cullowheee, NC
This muffin is moist and full of flavor. I have seen many recipes for this muffin and i have made a variation of my own.
Top Review by cindyhall
I made these muffins for the first time and although you have to shred the carrots it's well worth the time. I actually used a small 2-cup food processor and chopped baby carrots into small diced pieces. There are so many flavors and textures in these muffins. If you don't eat them fresh out of the oven you can pop them into the microwave for about 20 seconds to heat them up - they are out of this world. I will definitely make these again and again!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 small apple, chopped fine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- sift all dry ingredients together in a rather large bowl. Add the carrots,raisins,chopped nuts, coconut, and apple to the dry ingredientsand stir till coated.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the oil and vanilla.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just till the batter is combined.
- spoon into well greased or paper muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.