Recipe by Messy Kitchen Maid
My daughter Morgan loves this dish. It's made with 3 different types of cheese,which are flexible (you can add your favorites).
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and I cut the recipe down because I made this recipe and recipe#449703#449703 with recipe#465809#465809 and recipe#390351#390351 all were a hit! Made as written but next time I might add some more hot sauce our preference. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni according to box direction.
- Melt 1/2 butter large pot.
- Add flour and stir until thickened.
- Slowly add milk and half and half.
- When it starts to thicken take off heat.
- Add mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Stir in 1/2 cheddar cheese until blended.
- Stir in Parmesan/Romano cheese.
- Stir in cup cottage cheese.
- Fold cooked macaroni into mixture.
- Add 1/2 mixture in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 the remaining cheddar.
- Add remaining macaroni mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Melt remaining butter in microwave.
- Stir butter into breadcrumbs.
- Add breadcrumbs to top of casserole.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.