Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Larry made this a lot when we were younger. He called it refrigerator clean out recipe, but I have used cans.or you could use frozen mixed veggies instead of canned
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- grated cheddar cheese or Velveeta cheese
- Cook bacon and hamburger together with the chopped onion. Drain excess grease.
- Cook macaroni until tender. Drain.
- Mix hamburger, cooked macaroni, and rest of ingredients together.
- Place mixture in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle top with cheddar or Velveeta cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
My family wasn't crazy about this. They didn't like the peas and the green beans in it. We love peas and green beans but just didn't like them added to this dish. I made the dish exactly as written.