Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Foodnetwork Specials, Racheal Ray's Block Party. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds so different, I am intrigued and will try it soon!
Red Pepper Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup drained packed roasted red pepper
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb mini penne or 1 lb gemelli pasta, cooked
- 1 cup drained marinated mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup italian hot pepper rings, drained and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for pasta.
- Combine roasted peppers, garlic, pine nuts, parsley, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese in a food processor. Turn the processor on and stream in the extra-virgin olive oil to form a thick, pasty sauce forms. Adjust seasoning and transfer sauce to a large bowl.
- Add salt to boiling water and cook pasta to al dente, drain and cool under running cold water. Drain well a second time. Add cooked, cooled pasta to the pesto sauce. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss to coat salad evenly. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste and serve or refrigerate up to 48 hours.
This was easy to make. It was much better the second day. I took it to a picnic and got a few compliments on it.