Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect picnic salad! From Moosewood's The Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook. The original recipe calls for adding the vinegar and lemon juice at the last minute to keep the beans nice and green and crisp! Or, you can refrigerate and serve it as more of a marinated green bean salad. Delicious both ways!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 lb swiss cheese, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 small green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted almonds or 1⁄2 cup slivered toasted almond
- Blanch the green beans until tender-crisp. Cool them under cold water.
- Slice the cheese and veggies.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and herbs together.
- Toss green beans, veggies and cheese with dressing.