This comes from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. They recommend this slaw with Indian, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Spanish, or American food. That's some variety! Prepare the dressing first so the flavor has time to develop. Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cumin Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt or 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red onion, grated
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fresh cilantro (optional) or 1/2-1 teaspoon mint, minced (optional)
- 1Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 2Combine the cabbage, bell peppers, celery and onions in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4