Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A lovely effortless way to have tasty tomatoes for use in salads or pasta. This is based on the Nigella Express recipe, it requires few ingredients, minimal effort for a delicious tasting end result.
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, about 24 on the vine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to it's highest setting for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from their stalks and cut in half. Place cut side up in an ovenproof shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, sugar and herbs then drizzle with the olive oil.
- Place in the oven close the door and switch off the heat.
- Leave overnight - hence the name Moonblush.