Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals. To decrease the preparation time even further, grill the patties for 7 minutes on a George Foreman grill and microwave the tortillas for 25 seconds to heat them.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (1/2 a 16-ounce package cole slaw mix)
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 gingersnap cookies, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup tamari or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 12-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- shredded carrot
- fresh bean sprout
- thinly sliced scallions or your favorite raw vegetables, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the pork, cabbage, cayenne pepper, garlic, gingersnap cookies, and soy sauce in a bowl and form mixture into patties.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add vegetable oil to the pan.
- Cook the pork patties 7 minutes on each side.
- Heat tortillas on a nonstick surface over high heat for 30 seconds on each side.
- Paint the tortillas with hoisin sauce, leaving a 1-inch rim from edge.
- Pile shredded mixed veggies in center of tortilla and top with cooked pork patty.
- Fold the tortilla up on all four sides and wrap burger in a square package.
- Invert pork pocket and cut on diagonal.