Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so simple and an incredibly good crunchy, savory treat. You can also use hot peppered Jack cheese for another taste altogether. Great as an appetizer or served with soup.
- Cut cheese into l/4 inch slices.
- Space cheese 3 inches apart on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, to taste.
- Bake 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees F depending on your oven (Watch these closely; Do not overbake).
- Remove immediately and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
I made these today as gifts. I found that what really made them crispy was the size of the cheese. The best size was that of a pat of butter. Anything larger would start to get too brown before it got crispy. Yum!
I was surprised when I came across this recipe because I make it with moz cheese and cheddar and didn't expect to find a recipe for it, because I happened to make it by mistake once! I also don't add any spices .. these are excellent and my toddler loves them! Thanks for sharing!
I made these this afternoon for "movie night" tonight. The first batch I made came out burned, so I reduced the cooking time to about 5 minutes. I liked the flavor very much, but DH found them bland, so I sprinkled some chili powder on the second batch and he loved them! We will definately make these again.