Recipe by Julesong
As a hot spread, dip, or fondue, this rich cilantro cheesiness will be a favorite!
- 2 lbs monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups beer
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the cheese and toss with flour in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, bring the beer to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add cheese gradually, at about 1/2 cupful at a time, constantly stirring.
- Stir in the cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- It's easiest to serve this in a fondue pot, to keep it warm, with wedges of bread, tortilla chips, or raw veggies alongside.