Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Montegrappa is a fabulous hard Italian cheese. It can be a little hard to find; in the States, you may be able to find it in a Wholefoods supermarket. It's definitely worth seeking out. This sauce is great on meat raviolis or fish.
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces montegrappa cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large sauté pan, add the 3 cups of cream and heat over medium heat.
- Grate the 10 ounces of cheese and slowly stir into the cream.
- When all the cheese is added, bring the mixture to a simmer for 7-8 minutes to thicken the sauce.