1/2 Photos of Monster Oatmeal Cookies
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml flax seed meal
- 29.58 ml water
- 100 g butter, softened
- 28.39 ml light brown sugar
- 28.39 ml turbinado sugar (can use regular, too)
- 0.59 ml vanilla bean seeds (or use 1/2 ts extract)
- 146.68 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml apple pie spice
- 118.29 ml M&M's or 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml oats
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml roiboos tea (might need a tad more)
- 1First combine flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high and allow too cool for a few minutes while you cream the butter.
- 2In a large bowl cream butter and sugars for 8 minutes (do not skip this, it gives the cookies texture).
- 3Add the vanilla and the flax egg. Stir to combine.
- 4In a second bowl combine flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and apple pie spice.
- 5Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine.
- 6Fold in m&ms or choc chips, raisins, oats and coconut.
- 7If your dough is dry, add enough of the roiboos tea to make a thick cookie dough. It should not be sticking to your hands much.
- 8Using a large ice-cream scoop place heaps of dough onto a paper-lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- 9Bake at 180°C/350 °F for 12-15 minutes or lightly browned around the edges.
- 10Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monster Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 130.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean seeds
apple pie spice