Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from ShopRite.com, these would be great for bake sales or kids' parties. (See notes at the bottom of directions to use refrigerated cookie dough for an easier/quicker recipe!)
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour (all-purpose or unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups quick oats or 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 24 wooden craft sticks
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared vanilla frosting
- colored decorative candies, sprinkles, etc. for decorating
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop dough by level 1/4 -cup measure 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Shape into round mounds. Insert wooden stick into side of each mound.
- BAKE for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- DECORATE pops as desired.
- NOTE: 2 2/3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate-Covered Raisins may be substituted for the Semi-Sweet Morsels and raisins.
- * For those on the go, 2 pkg. (18 oz. each), Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough can be substituted for the first nine ingredients, adding 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats and 1/2 cup raisins to the dough. Bake as stated above for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 18 cookies.
HA! Great at Halloween parties or in my case a skating party. Kids love cookies on a stick. It's a gauranteed seller! I have used just a basic choc chip cookie recipe with excellent results. It's just a novelty - on a stick!