Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
sounds easy and I have a soft spot for sour cream cakes....can't wait to try
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup banana (ripe & mashed..about 3)
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup walnut pieces (finely chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13x9" baking pan; set aside.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream, & on low speed just until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35mins. or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on med. speed until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Remove cake from pan, cut crosswise in half. Place one cake half,, top-side down, on large serving plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half top side up. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Carefully press walnuts into frosting on the sides of cake.
- **Store any remaining cake in the refridgerator.