tastes a lot like carmel sticky buns and easy,easy,easy. you can also make them in a 9x13pan
Make and share this Monkey Bread recipe from Food.com.
- cut entire tube of biscuits into 4 parts lenghth wise.
- shake rolls in bag with cinnamon and sugar.
- Spray a bundt pan and arrange coated biscuts in the bottom of pan.
- Melt oleo and stir in brown sugar,cinnamon and nuts.
- pour over biscuits in pan.
- bake at 350 25-30 minutes.
- let cool and turn out of pan.
This is a great recipe taste-wise. However, the biscuit dough and margarine are really unhealthy. You can substitute frozen bread dough (1 lb. loaf, defrosted - no need to let rise) if you don't want to make the dough from scratch, and real butter. I actually use a whole wheat dough recipe, organic sugar and a 50/50 mix of light (tasteless) olive oil/butter to bump it up a healthy notch. But if you don't care about hydrogenated fats this is a yummy recipe!
These were so good. I used a 9x13 pan since my husband was taking them to work. Loved the sauce.
This is a really good recipe. I've made it for special breakfast occasions for a number of years. It's best served warm and fresh. People can't get enough of it. A kitchen scissors works great for cutting your biscuits apart.