A MUST for us! A neighbor in Omaha had given this to my Mom in the early'60's and she has made it every Thanksgiving since. Now I make the holiday, so I make the mold! It's very easy. Keep in mind that this has walnuts just in case you have guests who are allergic to nuts. Enjoy! *You can make this 2 days before serving so I will make it on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and keep it in the mold in the refrigerator and just unmold it before serving.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the packages of jello in the hot water.
- Add the cold water and the cranberry sauce. Blend well and chill.
- Before mixture sets, add apples, celery and nuts and mix well.
- Pour into a jello 3 cup mold sprayed lightly with a vegetable oil.
- Chill until it sets and invert on a plate when ready to serve. You can garnish with parsley sprigs.