Recipe by Michelle S.
These are undoubtably the BEST sugar cookies I have ever had! They are crispy and perfectly sweet. You may decorate them with colored sugars for the holidays.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
I picked this recipe because the first reviewer said they were not sweet enough and that might appeal to others. Well I just made them! They turned out crisp and they are sweet but not too sweet.They were also extremely easy to make, I halved the recipe. One thing I did different was: I rolled the dough into little balls, dipped the ball in the sugar, sugar side up I pressed it down with a clean glass, this worked better for me. I am not a cookie person and make them more for my husband, friends and neighbours but I have nibbled away three of these cookies already!! Thanks to you and your Mom for this very easy and nice recipe
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 cups flour
- additional sugar, for pressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugars, butter and salt until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon dough into a ball.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a sugared glass bottom (take a"glass" glass, butter the bottom and press into sugar, repeat the sugaring as often as needed.) Repeat until all cookies are done.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes - do not brown.