Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love my mom's cooking, it's a fact. Her spaghetti is awesome and this is the only way I make it now. It has lots of veggies in it which I am not a fan of, but they are chopped so small that you basically don't even see them, great for kids who are picky eaters, that's how she got all of us to eat them!
- 4 -8 slices pepperoni
- 5 (26 ounce) canshunt's spaghetti sauce (use a variety of sauces, 1 Chunky Vegetable, 2 Garlic and Herb, 1 Four Cheese, 1 Onion and Garlic)
- 1 lb portabella mushroom
- 2 large onions
- 2 green zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 -2 diced carrot (I use a whole bag of the mini bag of carrots)
- 1 garlic clove (or a couple spoons of minced garlic)
- 10 -12 links hot Italian sausage (cut into chunks, I use half mild and half hot)
- fennel seed, -sprinkle on top
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup italian seasoning
- Brown sausage.
- Take out of pan.
- Use some grease in large pot. Put in 3 cans of sauce.
- Put vegetables (mushrooms, onions, carrots, zucchini, squash, not all together at once, it won't all fit) in chopper. Convert chopped veggies to pot. Repeat.
- Add other cans of sauce to pot. Don't put sausage in right away. Add seasonings. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add sausage. Cook on low or medium for a few hours. (This is the best when it has been simmering almost all day long). Serve with homemade garlic bread. (Sliced bread with butter, minced garlic, and Lawry's garlic salt, toasted in oven).
- Freeze leftovers.