Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of those Miracle Whip recipes! My Mother made this for parties and it was always a hit and very different tasting. This recipe can be doubled. I had a similar recipe recently and it had dill too. It was delicious! I just this recipe in another cookbook and it mentioned cutting the shrimp in half and making 2 days before serving without stirring or shaking.
- 16 ounces Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 red onions, sliced and separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 -3 lbs cooked shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined
- In a large bowl, place the onions, lemon juice, and Miracle Whip and mix to blend.
- Now add the shrimp and mix to blend.
- Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for a few hours before serving.
- Serve chilled with toothpicks and/or crackers.