I actually think my mom got this from an aunt of mine...so simple and you can add anything! We added a couple of things to the original...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked (or any other type of small pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- italian seasoning (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste) or garlic salt (to taste)
- 1Fry hamburger, pepper, and onion in large skillet.
- 2Drain fat if needed (if you're not sure, you can also only cook the macaroni part way so that while simmering the uncooked pasta will soak up excess moisture when added to the mixture).
- 3Add remaining ingredients and heat well.
- 4Add macaroni and heat through.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Simple Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 567.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 14.1 g