Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I actually think my mom got this from an aunt of mine...so simple and you can add anything! We added a couple of things to the original...
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked (or any other type of small pasta)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- italian seasoning (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste) or garlic salt (to taste)
- Fry hamburger, pepper, and onion in large skillet.
- Drain fat if needed (if you're not sure, you can also only cook the macaroni part way so that while simmering the uncooked pasta will soak up excess moisture when added to the mixture).
- Add remaining ingredients and heat well.
- Add macaroni and heat through.