Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A childhood favorite of mine. Brings back memories of cold winter evenings and warm family dinners. Mom always had a hot dinner on the table when Dad got home from work and every one would enjoy the bounty. Use bone-in chops because they have the most flavor. Serve with a crusty rye bread so as not to waste a drop of the yummy juices! Hope you enjoy this scrumptious and easy to prepare comfort food!
- 6 pork chops
- 3 large potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 large onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Brown well on both sides in skillet.
- Layer chops, potatoes and onions in dutch oven.
- Pour tomatoes over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chops fully cooked.
I wanted something simple to do with pork chops and I am so glad I chose this recipe. Pure comfort food as its best. The flavors meld together beautiful. Thanks Chef this is a keeper.