1/1 Photo of Mom's Pepper Steak
1 hr 10 mins
My mom used to make this a lot when I was a kid. My mother was really good at taking any meat and making it tender. Choose whatever cut of beef you want but definately adjust the cooking time. We enjoy it at least once a month in my household. Sometimes I put a pat of butter on my rice before ladeling the pepper steak on top. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut beef, onion, peppers, and celery into strips, about the size of a matchstick and 1/4 inch wide.
- 2Melt butter in a stockpot over medium high heat. Brown the beef.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients to the stockpot. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour or more until meat is tender.
- 5Add water as necessary if liquids evaporate too quickly.
- 6Serve over white rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 746.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g