Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my 80 year old mother-in-law's recipe. It is the best that I have ever tried. It is very basic and simple. It has a more caramel taste than pudding. Generations from the past to the present generations used and are still using this recipe. Try it, you WILL like it!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light Karo syrup or 1⁄2 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large pie crust (ready to bake)
- Mix all ingredients together well, and then pour into a large uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Pie is ready when the top is firm and brown.