Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I may have discovered the best peanut butter cookie recipe. The only thing I would change is less sugar--they're a little sweeter than I like. I found this recipe on foodthoughtsofachefwannabe.com. She found one of her mother-in-law's heavenly recipes but the measurements for the ingredients weren't listed. She experimented and came up with this, and they are delicious.
- Mix all ingredients (make sure you add the flour at the end).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I skipped this step and found it really wasn't necessary. The cookies are buttery enough they come off cleanly from the pan.).
- Using a cookie scoop, any size you like, gently press down on the cookies to make criss cross marks. Make sure you push them down slightly because they won't spread as much on their own.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove and put on a cooling rack.
I'm giving this recipe 5 stars with the modifications I made. I cut the brown sugar down from 1.5 cup to 1 cup. They are still on the sweet side but I do enjoy sweet cookies. I also added 1.5 cups of Reese's Pieces. That was a wonderful addition in my opinion. These are soft in the center and a bit crunchy around the edges. I used 1 cup butter and no margarine and I made sure the butter was softened at room temperature before creaming it in my mixer. A delicious recipe I'll be making again. Enjoy!
More just like a peanut butter cookie and way to sweet!