My mom used to make these outside on the firepit. We hated to wait until Fair Time to have them - - so she endulged our sweet tooth often. The recipe shows how to make them inside!
- Mix flour, baking powder, all of the milk, and sugar.
- On floured surface, knead until smooth.
- Put in greased bowl and let rise 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 parts.
- Roll each into a ball, then roll out in a circle.
- Fry dough 1 at a time for 1 minute each side.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with honey.
Similar to my recipe but did you forget to add salt?