1/1 Photo of Mom's Indian Fry Bread
Krsi Sue's Note:
My mom used to make these outside on the firepit. We hated to wait until Fair Time to have them - - so she endulged our sweet tooth often. The recipe shows how to make them inside!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, baking powder, all of the milk, and sugar.
- 2On floured surface, knead until smooth.
- 3Put in greased bowl and let rise 30 minutes.
- 4Divide dough into 8 parts.
- 5Roll each into a ball, then roll out in a circle.
- 6Fry dough 1 at a time for 1 minute each side.
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with honey.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Indian Fry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 46.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g