Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. Great with any kind of nondairy milk, as a snack, or on top of a dessert. It will also last for weeks or even months stored in a glass container.
- 1419.54 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml brown sugar (or maple sugar)
- 177.44 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds (or sesame seeds)
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped (or raisins)
- 118.29 ml safflower oil
- 78.07 ml maple syrup, sweetest version (or brown rice syrup, slightly milder version)
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the oats on a rimmed baking pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer the oats to a large mixing bowl, and add the sugar, wheat germ, coconut, seeds, and nuts or raisins. Stir to mix well, then add the oil, syrup,and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is moistened.
- Spread half of the mixture on each of 2 rimmed baking sheets (or bake in 2 batches), and bake for 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes to brown evenly.
- Let the baked granola cool on the pans, then transfer it to a bowl and stir until crumbly. Store in an airtight container.