1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is what Delicious Living says: "These delicious cookies are a favorite of the many dogs that visit the Licks and Wags Dog Bakery. They provide a hard, crunchy texture that helps maintain healthy teeth." Haven't tried these yet, but just got a puppy, so intend to soon. The recipe only says, "Makes 1 lb".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, honey, water, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- 2Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda until well mixed.
- 3In the bowl and using hands, knead until dough holds together.
- 4Transfer to lightly floured surface. Divide dough into two equal pieces.
- 5Shape each piece into a log. Flatten the logs to about 4 inches wide. With a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the logs.
- 6Place about 4 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm.
- 7Place pan on a rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F
- 8With a sharp knife, cut each log crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 9Place, cut side down, about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes longer, or until completely hard.
- 10Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool completely. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Famous Pumpkin Biscotti (For Dogs!)
Serving Size: 1 (976 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2500.5
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1081.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 474.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 60.9 g