Recipe by Oolala
This is easy since it uses the canned yams in syrup. My Mom would make this as a side dish for broiled fish when I was a kid. You drain the yams and heat the oil and fry them until the edges brown and crisp...very easy and good. I use Princella Cut Sweet Potatoes, cut yams in light syrup. Funny, it says sweet potatoes and yams on the can. Bruce's is another brand that I use too.
- 1 (40 ounce) can cut yams in syrup, drained but not rinsed
- corn oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat about 1/2 inch of oil until hot, but not too hot.
- Add the yams and let them brown on the edges and a surface.
- Gently turn the yams over to brown the other side.
- You may have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- Drain on paper towels.