Prep 18 mins
Cook 2 hrs
MDM submitted this recipe to the Alexandria, VA TWIG cookbook, "A Heritage of Good Tastes." Judging by the Worcestershire sauce spots, she made this often. Serve with melba toast or crackers. Chilling time is in Cooking time field.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or less)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (or less)
- 10 eggs, hard-boiled
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water. Bring chicken bouillon to a boil.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve. Allow mixture to cool.
- Blend remaining ingredients and combine with cooled gelatin mixture. Use blender for a smooth consistency.
- Pour in 5-cup mold and chill.
- Serve with melba toast or crackers.