Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recicpe is so good-I swear it taste like a piece of cheesecake. My mom makes this on Thanksgiving as well as throughout the year. She got it off of another website but doesn't remember which one. It's also very easy to make. You could easily use frozen cranberries but she always uses fresh. It's one of my favorite dishes that she makes. It's so sweet you could eat it as a desert...enjoy!
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- Mix sugar and water in sauce pan, stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add cinnamon sticks and bring to boil.
- Add cranberries and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, boil gently stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until berries began to pop.
- Remove from heat, cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate untill chilled.
- Prep and cook time does not include cooling time.