Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this when I was little. The eggs are so good if done right. This recipe serves 4.
- 8 slices wright brand bacon
- 4 large eggs
For the biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Begin cooking bacon slowly on medium-low heat. (Closer to low).
- BE SURE TO FLIP BACON EVERY 1-10 MINUTES.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, & salt.
- Cut in shortening/oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add milk all at once.
- Stir just till dough clings together.
- Knead gently on a lightly-floured surface for 10-12 strokes.
- Roll or pat into 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter or the top of a glass, dipping in flour between cuts.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool or keep warm in 140F-160F oven.
- When bacon is finished, transfer to paper towels to drain. RESERVE GREASE.
- Add 2 eggs to skillet with bacon grease, KEEPING EGGS SEPERATE FROM EACH OTHER.
- Break yolks immediatly & spoon grease over eggs to help them cook.
- As soon as cooked whites cover top of eggs, remove & drain on paper towel.
- Do the same with the next two eggs.
- Biscuits also go well with gravy.