Recipe by Old widow
My mother made these for just about every party I can remember when I was a child. Now, my sisters and I do the same. I love these and could easily make a meal from them and have!! These can be made ahead and reheated, I think they are better that way, absorbing more flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- MIx ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, parsley, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, shape into 1 inch balls.
- Melt shortening in large skillet, brown meatballs. Remove meatballs from skillet and drain.
- Heat chili sauce and jelly in skillet until jelly is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add meatballs and stir until coated. Simmer 30 minutes,.
- Serve in chafing dish.