Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email from the www.allrecipes.com website and this was one of the listed recipes. SUBMITTED BY: LACOTTER "These were my favorite as a kid! They are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and easy to make."
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Blend egg whites and salt with an electric mixer until peaks begin to form. With the mixer still running, gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all is incorporated, then add the cream of tartar.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Using a teaspoon, drop batter onto prepared cookie sheet. Place in the oven, and turn off heat. Leave in the oven at least 4 hours, or overnight for even better results.