Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My BF's DH loves this cake, you can add just about anything in place of the pecans.
Make and share this Mom's Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- For the cake: Boil water, crisco, and butter until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Blend butter mixture into dry mixture.
- When well combined, mix in remaining ingredients as listed.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- For icing: In a medium saucepan, bring butter and milk to a low boil.
- In a mixing bowl, pour butter mixture over powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in it with a fork and pour icing over while still hot.
- Stores great overnight.