Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my mom's recipe. I've tried several different kinds of Chili, but always seem to return to this one. The macaroni noodles make it a very hearty dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery (save the leaves)
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (add more or less depending upon your desired level of spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground beef w/ onion, celery, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add in tomato juice, tomato soup, stewed tomatoes, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, and celery leaves.
- Cook on medium or low for 2-3 hours.
- Cook macaroni and add after chili has been cooking 2-3 hours.
- Heat on low until ready to serve. The longer it heats, the better the flavors mix.