Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I absolutely love this dish Mommy makes, though it's been at least 6 years since she's made it for me LOL! I found the recipe card under the couch cushion, and am planning on making it this week! Yummy! This could easily be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can canned chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, boil 4 cups of water. Add broccoli and carrots; return to boil. Reduce heat; cook about 5 more minutes until crisp tender.
- Melt margarine in a large pan. Add onion and garlic powder. Stir in flour, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in veggies, chicken, sour ceram and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cooke until heated, but DO NOT BOIL.
- Drain spaghetti. Add to vegetable mixture. Toss to mix. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.