1/3 Photos of Mom's Best Banana Bread
I promise you that my mom's banana bread recipe is the absolute BEST you'll ever make or taste -- I've tried other banana bread recipes, but - they don't even come close to my Mom's -- Love you Mommy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas (4 to 5 Medium bananas)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar (or Splenda, whatever you like)
- 2 eggs, separated (Large or Medium)
- 1 1/2 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
- 1Cream together butter, sugar, & egg yolks until creamy.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg). Alternately add the dry mixture to the creamed butter mixture as well as the milk & mashed bananas. Beat the egg whites until a stiff peak forms and fold in with a wooden spoon, (make sure you only use a wooden spoon to do this - this is KEY), next - fold in the chopped nuts also stir in with the wooden spoon.
- 3Bake in a loaf pan that you have sprayed with olive oil or non-stick spray and dusted lightly with flour at 350° for approximately 45 minutes - insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to ensure it is not runny, if it is - allow to bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
- 4Cool on a wire rack and serve with cream cheese or your favorite margarine.
- 5Note: I love to wait a day and then toast a piece in my toaster oven - it is SO good when it gets re-heated and toasty with butter on it and a cup of coffee - YUM!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Best Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 135.2 mg
- Sodium 349.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g