- 6 -8 tart apples (I recommend Granny Smith, if available)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (Use real butter, not margarine)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cut, and slice apples into thin layers.
- Sprinkle very thin layer of flour on bottom of pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix apples, sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and flour until it forms a slightly thick sauce.
- Pour into bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour butter over apple mixture.
- Add top crust. If using full crust, slit to vent. I prefer lattice top crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.