Recipe by OneYetTwo
Extremely easy and delicious potato souffle! Great for all occasions especially special ones, it really wows the crowd.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I have to tell you I am so glad I found this recipe. What a wonderful way to dress up instant mased potatoes (which I usually won't touch) This has made a believer out of me and my DH that we will always now keep a box of them in the pantry and ready. It went together easy and the added flavor of the parmesan cheese was perfect. The final texture was so smooth and soft and add to that it looked great too, you'd have thought I'd slaved on it. Made this to serve with recipe#387080 and recipe#382712 and they all went well together and looked very appealing on the plate with lots of color. Thanks so much for a wonderful dinner. Made for PAC Fall -09
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, instant (prepared as pkg. directed)
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions for 8 servings.
- While still hot, beat in egg yolks, one at a time, and mix in cheese.
- At this point, you can cover and let stand at room temperature a few hours.
- About 1 hour before serving time, beat egg whites until foamy, add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into potato mixture.
- Spoon into a 4-quart soufflé dish.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven, allowing 45 minutes for small soufflés or 1 hour for a large soufflé.