WW Broccoli and Parmesan Souffle
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- 1 lb broccoli, florettes uncooked and finally chopped
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove, finelly minced
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil; cook broccoli for 4 minutes. Immediately remove broccoli from pot and plunge in a bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking; when cool, drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour, milk and garlic; set over medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sour cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and egg yolks; cook until thick, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in broccoli; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat all six egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into broccoli mixture, a little at a time, until combined.
- Immediately spoon broccoli mixture into prepared dish and bake until eggs are set, about 35 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- Swap reduced-fat Cheddar cheese for the Parmesan if you prefer. And/or use cauliflower instead of broccoli (could affect PointsPlus value).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"