Momma made great big smiles with this wonderfully moist and delicious cake! I believe it's originally a newspaper clipping, but she's used it for the past 45 years at least. Filled with your favorite fruits and icing, this cake lends itself to any special occassion. I hope you like it as much as I do! Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt& baking powder.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Drop in shortening, add 2/3 of milk, vanilla and mix for 2 minutes on low speed of electric mixer.
- 4Add one egg at a time, beating continually, add the rest of milk and mix for 2 additional minutes.
- 5Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans, and divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- 6Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- 7Test the center of the cake with a toothpick; if it comes out clean the cake is done!
- 8Allow cakes to cool before removing them from the pans.
- 9Thoroughly cool before decorating.
- 10Note: If you only have all-purpose flour on hand, reduce amount of flour by 2 tbsp.
- 11and increase baking powder by 1 tsp.
- 14You may use this recipe for cupcakes by reducing the milk to 3/4 cup.
- 15Fill with your favorite jam or fruit and cover with your favorite icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Momma's Two-Egg Treasure Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 431.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g